If you seek to obtain new experiences and new skills underwater, as well as becoming a Diving Professional, the Divemaster course is the first step. This training program is designed to shape and develop the skills and attitudes as well as your leadership abilities to become a Divemaster. Apart from being able to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers, you will have the confidence, practical skills and work experience you will need during a possible future diver training career.
During the course you will:
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Test organizational and problem solving abilities through training exercises
Also every year Internships are available in Bluemanta Diving Club, from Open Water Diver to Divemaster rankings. Candidate Divemasters have the opportunity to learn all the basics of diving business and administrative work of a dive center, and have a chance to dive the crystal clear, warm waters around Skala, in southeastern Kefalonia: world class WWII wrecks in intermediate waters, ancient wreck sites in shallow waters, colorful reefs, abundant marine life, and more, under the supervision and guidance of a diving Instructor. Diving in Kefalonia with Bleumanta Diving Club offers everything needed for becoming a Diving Professional.
The duration of the course is 2 weeks for the Practical Training exercises and 4-8 weeks for the Internship.
Divemasters have professional rights within the certification organization and:
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist Instructors with students
- Lead certified divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify Skin Divers
- Teach Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
In order to enroll on a Divemaster course, you need to have obtained and present:
- A valid Rescue Diver or equivalent certification,
- A valid Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR & First Aid) or equivalent training within the past 2 months,
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification
- Be older than 18 years of age.
Note that qualifying certifications from different diving training organizations apply.
If you are interested in attending the course or for the Internship programs, as well as for further details, please contact Blue Manta Diving Club here.